So a video just surfaced of a performance by founding KISS members Gene Simmons and Ace Frehley at a fan's home in which they paid FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS for and it was, put simply, hot garbage.
The video is of the pair performing their 1974 hit "Cold Gin."
The comments speak for themselves:
- "Just get middle schoolers to have band practice; just close your eyes and imagine KISS; save $50k."
- "I wouldn't spend 50 cents on this... and I'd want to be careful about any loose change in the couch with Simmons around."
- "'Sorry son... We had to spend most of your college fund so a couple washed up old rockers could come to the house and your dad could live out his childhood fantasy.'"
- "I'm a huge KISS fan, but this is just sad."
- "Ask for a refund dude."
- "This is a scandal, a sellout and it's downright embarrassing!"
According to their website, the Home Vault Experience includes:
- You and up to 25 guests will spend an intimate two hours with Gene
- 'Songs & Stories' Playback Session and Q&A in your home
- You are guaranteed a low numbered Vault (Within First 300)
- Gene photo/video/autograph session
- Gene hand-delivers your limited-edition personalized Vault
- Vault Welcome Kit: Signed Golden Ticket, T-Shirt, Download Card (with 'Are You Ready'), and laminate
- Each guest will receive an exclusive T-shirt and laminate
- 150 never-released-before songs written and performed by Simmons, and featuring notable rock and roll artists including members of KISS past and present, packaged in a massive 12'' x 12'' x 1.5'' (thick) cloth-bound with embossed gold foil commemorative book featuring dozens of never-seen-before images of Simmons over his 50-year career
- Limited-edition collectibles including a Gene Simmons businessman action figure and an 'In Gene We Trust' oversized coin
- A one-of-a-kind, hand-selected original piece of memorabilia from Gene’s personal collection