Artscape is HERE! This annual celebration of the arts takes over Charm City every summer.
Here are some great tips from the Baltimore City Department of Transportation about street closures:
The following streets will be closed at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, July 20, 2017 through 6:00 a.m. Monday, July 24, 2017:
- North Charles Street between W. Preston Street and North Avenue. The I-83 ENTRANCE RAMP WILL CLOSE AT THIS TIME. Local access will be maintained between Biddle and Preston Streets.
- North side of E. Preston Street (curb lane only) between St. Paul and Charles Streets
- North side of Mt. Royal Avenue between St. Paul and N. Charles Streets. The I-83 EXIT RAMP TO MT. ROYAL AVENUE WILL CLOSE AT THIS TIME.
- Lanvale Street between Maryland Avenue and Lovegrove Street (access to Amtrak parking remains open)
- Lafayette Avenue between N. Charles Street and Maryland Avenue
- Lafayette Avenue between St. Paul and N. Charles Streets. Local access to gas station and school will be maintained.
- Both sides of Mosher Street between Mt. Royal Avenue and Malster Street (Artscape permit parking only)
- Both sides of McMechen Street between Mt. Royal Avenue and Malster Street (Artscape permit parking only)
- Both sides of 1500 block of Malster Street (Artscape permit parking only)
- Both sides of 1300-1400 Dickson Street (Artscape permit parking only)
- Both sides of W. Lanvale Street between Mt. Royal Avenue and Rutter Street
The following streets will be closed at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, July 21, 2017 until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, July 24, 2017:
- Both sides of Maryland Avenue closed from North Avenue to Preston Street. Access to the garage will be maintained.
- Southbound Jones Falls Expressway ramp to Maryland Avenue will be closed.
- A temporary two-way traffic pattern will be installed along Maryland Avenue from Oliver Street to North Avenue. Northbound Maryland Avenue traffic must make a right turn at North Avenue.
- Intersection of Mt. Royal and Maryland Avenues closed
- Falls Road closed between W. Lafayette and Maryland Avenues
- A temporary two-way traffic pattern will be installed along W. Lafayette Avenue from Falls Road to Maryland Avenue to allow access to city yards and local businesses.
- Artscape Permit parking allowed on Biddle Street/Park Avenue behind Meyerhoff for festival food vendors
- Two-way traffic will be installed on Park Avenue (next to the Meyerhoff) from Cathedral Street to the Symphony Center garage for festival parking.
Reminder: Traffic Modifications for Artscape 2017 https://t.co/nzTmbftDnp— Baltimore City DOT (@BmoreCityDOT) July 19, 2017