For a long time now country music has been dominated by a few of the same faces. Artists like Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, Jason Aldean etc. These artists certainly aren't going anywhere, but I think it's time for the new crop to start breaking in.
We've already started to see this happen with artists like Luke Combs, Brett Young, Kelsea Ballerini and Kane Brown taking over the radio. But there are plenty of others just waiting for their chance to crack that proverbial ceiling. Here are 10 that I think you need to keep your eyes and ears on in 2019.
1) Lindsay Ell - Lindsay finally broke through a bit with her debut album, "The Project." We've all known about her talent for years, but she hadn't been able to get the break she needed. Taking what she learned with "The Project," and what she's learned by touring with some of the best in the business, Lindsay is poised to come out swinging in 2019.
2) Travis Denning - His debut single, "David Ashley Parker From Powder Springs" was great, but maybe not quite the big hit that he needed to top the charts. However, it was the perfect song to introduce him to the world. Now we wait for what's to come...and it's going to be good. I've heard a few songs and I know he's going to have a massive year. Keep your eyes open for the recorded version of the song "After A Few."
3) Tenille Townes - If you came out to the Kip Moore show at Power Plant Live last summer, you got a taste of what she has to offer. Tenille has been touring with just an acoustic guitar and some amazing music. She's getting ready to hit the road with a full band, and to get some new music out there to the world. Her song "Somebody's Daughter" tells such an incredible story. Personally, I like the acoustic version better, but the recorded one is great too. You'll be seeing a lot more of her soon.
4) Seaforth - I'll be honest, I don't know a ton about these guys. But I came across their stuff and fell in love. It definitely has a poppier side to it. I think this will fit right in with the current landscape of the country music scene. I don't know if there will be a new album out in 2019, but Seaforth will be popping up in your playlists for sure.
5) Brantley Gilbert - You may see that name and think I'm a little off here because he's already a star. Yes, Brantley has had plenty of time at the top of the charts, but his last effort kind of fell flat with the fans. It happens, not every record is going to be a smash. I think Brantley has taken some time off to regroup and refresh and he'll be ready to crank things up in 2019. His new single with Lindsay Ell is a pretty good indication of that.
6) Jon Langston - Jon is the first artist signed to Luke Bryan's new record label. If Luke is going to put his name on something, you know there has to be something to it. Jon is a former college football player who decided to try his hand at music (does this story sound familiar?). He worked hard and played a ton of shows all around the southeast developing a strong following. In my opinion, he's been doing it the right way. Now that he has a base, it's time to take the next step. You'll be seeing a lot more of him soon.
7) Hardy - You probably don't know his name, but you've heard his songs. He already has two #1 songs on his resume. He wrote "Up Down" for Morgan Wallen and "Simple" for FGL. He's got a great mix of the classic country feel with current sounds. I'm digging it and I think you will too.
8) Catherine McGrath - I will admit that I know absolutely nothing about her. I only discovered her while doing some research for this blog post. I came across her song "Don't Let Me Forget" and I fell in love with her voice. There's something special about it. I don't know what the future will hold for her, but she definitely has the talent to make some waves.
9) Filmore - I don't know what else to say about this guy other than that I love his stuff. I feel like it's a good mix of Keith Urban and Jordan Davis. I know, that might sound strange, but that's the best way I can describe it. "Slower" is my jam right now. I'm really hoping for big things for him in 2019.
10) Matt Stell - I've already been getting emails about this guy. He's poised to start building an empire in 2019. If you haven't heard "Prayed For You" yet, you should take a listen below. I don't think you'll be disappointed.