I'm a coffee guy. I probably drink more than I should. Recently I've been trying to break my habit by adding in some tea. I came across an article that listed some of the health benefits of green tea. Looks like I might be making the switch!
- It boosts weight loss - Research has shown drinking green tea is linked to weight loss, especially around the abdominal area. We can thank the compounds called catechins in the tea that stimulate fat oxidation and the effect is stronger when combined with exercise.
- It lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease - Several studies have shown that green tea can combat some of the biggest risk factors for cardiovascular disease, by lowering cholesterol and triglycerides.
- It boosts brain function - When the afternoon slump hits, try green tea instead of your usual sugary pick-me-up. Research has shown that drinking green tea can boost cognitive function, especially out working memory, that’s why it’s believed to help reduce the risk of neurodegenerative disease like Alzheimer’s.
- Lowers risk of developing cancer - Green tea is full of antioxidants, which research shows can help slow or even kill cancerous cells. Observational studies have shown green tea drinkers had a lower risk for developing breast cancer, prostate cancer and colorectal cancer.
- Reduces risk of developing type 2 diabetes - A review of research on more than 286,000 people found that green tea drinkers had an 18% lower risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
For more...CLICK HERE
The 5 Biggest Health Benefits Of Drinking Green Tea | Women's Health https://t.co/g64IinEIhx— Felicity Long (@MumAspires) May 16, 2018