Ron Steptoe, CMR, DABDA
Co-Founder and CEO
Ron’s entrepreneurial career reflects his dedication to national service and health equity. He is an 8th-generation military veteran, educated at the United States Military Academy at West Point, whose family’s legacy of service to the nation dates to the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. His own military and professional experience compelled Ron to both inspire and lead the movement to achieve health equity for the American veteran and military communities. It is also what drove him—along with Dr. Evelyn Lewis—to found Warrior Centric Health, the nation’s first company dedicated to helping medical institutions reap the benefits of delivering effective population health management to the Warrior Community.
Ron has nearly 30 years of operational, marketing, and management experience in healthcare advocacy and marketing/public relations and is credentialed as a Certified Medical Representative. He has brought new medical therapies to market, managing their growth through an array of government and private health care systems.
As an innovation leader with Pfizer, he created and managed Pfizer’s industry-leading multicultural and emerging markets business models for the Multi-Cultural Business Team, directing multicultural marketing and advocacy initiatives for Pfizer’s sales managers and representatives throughout the United States. Ron’s areas of focus and expertise are population health and health systems science.
A service-disabled veteran, himself, Ron co-founded Warrior Centric Health to fill the gap he and Dr. Lewis perceived between healthcare outcomes for the general population and those for veterans, service-members, and their families, an enormous and extremely vulnerable population nearly completely overlooked by commercial healthcare. Together they developed the blueprint for a healthcare facility prepared to deliver optimum care to the Warrior Community (an Authorized Warrior Centric Health Facility) and the means for any facility to achieve those capabilities economically: the Warrior Centric Health (WCH)® platform. The WCH platform leverages best practices in population health management, health systems science, and technology transfer from the fields of health, science, education, IT, and business, combining fully accredited e-learning, credentialing, data science, and community outreach tools into an enterprise-grade solution that can deliver strong ROI.
Warrior Centric Health has received several distinctions, including:
· American Hospital Association-Institute for Diversity—Member of the Year.
· FORBES—Top 25 Veteran-Founded Start-ups in America.
· Microsoft for Startups global program (selected as a Pegasus Top-Tier Microsoft Partner company).
Ron received his BS degree in Behavioral Sciences & Leadership from the United States Military Academy, then served as an officer in the Army. He is highly sought after for his expertise in creating innovative training and education technology transfer solutions. Some of Ron’s other honors and distinctions include:
· Former Board of Directors of USA Cares, Inc. (a national veterans’ service organization, Louisville, KY).
· Board of Directors of the National Children’s Center (Washington, DC).
· Commission into the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels (awarded by the Governor of Kentucky) for his service to the military and veteran communities.
· Adjunct Instructor in the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health at Rutgers University, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
· Board Certified Diplomate and Senior Disability Analysts, American Board of Disability Analysts.
· Principal Investigator, Department of Defense, Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR/STTR) Program.
· Residency Post-Graduate Certification, Alumni Moonshots & Moneymakers - Oxford Innovation Conference Delegate – hosted at Oxford University in partnership with Birthing of Giants & Rider University’s Norm Brodsky College of Business.