Oscar Clean Up-- Why was Eminem There?
- Wondering what was up with Eminem at the Oscars….17 years after he won for “Lose It?”
- In a rare interview he said he thought performing on film's biggest night at this point in his life was a better idea.
- "I kinda figured maybe since I didn’t get a chance to do it at the time, maybe it would be cool," Eminem said. "Back then, I never even thought that I had a chance to win, and we had just performed 'Lose Yourself' on the Grammy's with the Roots a couple of weeks before the Oscars, so we didn’t think it was a good idea. And also, back at that time, the younger me didn’t really feel like a show like that would understand me."
Oscar Clean Up-- Why Was Luke Perry Left Out of The In Memoriam Section?
- There were also a lot of questions, and backlash, surrounding Luke Perry being left out of the In Memoriam section
- An official statement from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said they received hundreds of requests for the In Memoriam section, “An executive committee representing every branch considers the list and makes selections for the telecast based on limited available time. All the submissions are included on Oscar.com and will remain on the site throughout the year.”
“The Voice” Auditions Are Coming To Baltimore
- "The Voice" is holding open casting auditions in Baltimore this Saturday!
- They’ll be downtown at the Convention Center
- In order to audition, you have to create an artist account on their website and follow the "how to audition" steps
Birds of Prey Getting New Title
- "Birds of Prey" brought in a disappointing box office this past weekend, despite strong reviews—it only grossed about $30-$35 million when the projections had it around $50-$55 million
- A few theories-- the poor showing is mostly because of its adults-only "R" rating and audiences' unfamiliarity with the film's heroes, but the lengthy and perplexing title probably didn't help the film's totals
- Warner Bros, the studio behind the film has decided changing the title will do the trick & hopefully boost revenue, so the movie is being renamed from "Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn" to "Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey,"
- And that's not all.....the Oscar-nominated actress will star opposite Christian Bale in David O. Russell's next drama film, which is untitled. “The Hollywood Reporter” reports that the plot details are being kept under wraps. We do know, however, that Russell will write and direct the project from an original idea. This is Russell’s first film since 2015’s “Joy” starring Jennifer Lawrence.