Friends Reunion Headed For HBO Max
- The Friends sit-com is returning for a one-time reunion show to launch the streaming service HBO Max.
- The cast has negotiated a sweet deal: A 60-minute unscripted reunion special and their bank account grows $3- $4 million fatter.
- Warner Brothers wants to fast-track the reunion special. They anticipate the show to coalesce this spring. The last hold-out had been actor Matthew Perry. Then he tweeted this week with the message “Big news coming…”
- The show’s creators, David Crane & Marta Kauffman will also be involved as well
Disney CEO Apologizes To School For Fining Them Over Lion King Showing at Fundraiser
- Disney CEO Bob Iger has apologized after his company fined an elementary school for showing the Lion King reboot during a fundraiser.
- The school in Berkeley, California was hit up for $250 from Disney’s licensing company after screening the 2019 blockbuster without permission for an event that raised $800.
- Faculty and parents then asked the public for help to “offset” the fine on the school’s PTA Facebook page.
- Iger apologized for the fine and promised to personally donate to the school’s fundraising initiative.
Kelly Ripa & Ryan Seacrest Producing Sitcom Together
- ABC has ordered a pilot for Work Wife, a comedy inspired by the real-life partnerships of Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest
- Variety says the "series tells the story of a platonic male-female team whose professional success, personal friendship and ability to share deodorant makes their lives work."
- It will be set in the world of real estate.
Viola Davis Takes On The Role Of Michelle Obama For Showtime Series
- Davis is set to play Michelle Obama in a new drama series development on Showtime called "First Ladies." The show will follow the various spouses to American presidents. The first season will highlight Obama, Eleanor Roosevelt and Betty Ford.
- A premiere date for "First Ladies" has not yet been announced and the rest of the cast has yet to be announced.
The Oscars Are Sunday!
- “Joker” is going in with 11 nominations in multiple categories, including Best Actor for star Joaquin Phoenix. “The Irishman” and “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood '' also lead the pack with 10 nods each.
- After going without a host for the first time in decades last year, the kudofest is going hostless again this year
- There’s also a last-minute edition to the “In Memoriam” section, Kirk Douglas just passed away at 103 and will included in Sunday’s tribute
- The Oscars air on Sunday, February 9th at 8pm ET on ABC.