Did The Academy Leak The Oscar Winners? We're Really Not Sure.
- Earlier this week, The Academy shared a photo that appeared to reveal their “Oscar predictions,” but it turns out it was just some kind of glitch (allegedly)
- If the photo had been legit, “Parasite” would be the pick for Best Picture, “1917’s” Sam Mendes for Best Director, Joaquin Phoenix for Best Actor, and Renee Zellweger for Best Actress.
- The Academy has since cleared things up in a new tweet, explaining that they were encouraging fans to make their Oscars predictions and share them on Twitter. “A brief issue made some of yours look like they came from our account,” the tweet reads. “They didn’t. This error is now resolved. We’ll reveal our picks on Sunday.”
- The collab we didn’t know we needed—Pizza Hut & KFC!
- The New KFC Popcorn Chicken Pizza, yes this is real! This unique pizza is made on a classic Pizza Hut crust, but its toppings are nothing ordinary. The crust is topped with mozzarella cheese, KFC gravy, KFC popcorn chicken pieces, and sweet corn.
- The pizza will be available at Pizza Hut through February 16th
- Say Happy Valentine’s Day with a bread stick bouquet from Olive Garden available starting February 13th. Customers can also pick up a special after-dinner mint box, which includes a surprise love poem.
Jessica Simpson Opens Up About Johnny Knoxville & Tony Romo
- More juicy details have come to light since Simpson’s memoir Open Book hit shelves on Tuesday
- She says that John Mayer was the reason she & Tony Romo didn’t work out—Mayer would continue to contact her and while she remained faithful to Romo, it got a little too messy when Romo saw emails on Jessica’s phone from Mayer and eventually broke it off
- Jessica also opened up about the emotional affair she had with “Dukes of Hazzard” co star Johnny Knoxville while they were both married
- She says it was worse than a physical affair, and after the movie was done filming, they continued to email each other, they were like “prison pen pals”
Emily Blunt’s “Sneak Attack” Is How She Moved in With John Krasinski
- Want to take things to the next level with your SO? Emily Blunt says a “sneak attack” did the trick for her and John Krasinski. Speaking to “Harper’s Bazaar UK,” the actress says she didn’t really ask her now-husband before deciding to shack up together.
- Instead of doing a big move to the United States with trucks full of boxes of her stuff, Blunt says “more and more” of her things just “gradually accumulated” in Krasinski’s home in Los Angeles. At the time, she had just bought a new place in London… but it was clear that her relationship with the actor was getting serious.
Disney+ Premiere Dates
- Baby Yoda & The Mandalorian will return for season 2 in October
- The streaming service's Marvel series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will debut in August
Speaking of Disney….they’ve fined an elementary school in California for showing The Lion King at a school fundraiser without a license
- During the parent’s night out fundraiser at Emerson Elementary in Berkeley, California, a dad brought the movie that he bought at Walmart and they threw it on in the auditorium when the kids were playing according to the PTA President
- 3 months after the event, the school got an email from Movie Licensing USA demanding $250 out of the $800 the event had raised, for playing the film without a license
- In case you forgot, the live action remake of The Lion King made $1.7 billion worldwide