Baltimore Baker Returns To Food Network This Holiday Season
- Jason Hisley, of Timonium-based Cake by Jason, will be returning to the Food Network this holiday season for “Holiday Wars”
- Hisley’s previous appearances on the Food Network have included the “Halloween Baking Championship,” “Cake Wars,” “Cupcake Wars,” “Sweet Genius” and “Cutthroat Kitchen.”
- The show will feature 5 teams of “cake masters and sugar artists,” looking to impress a panel of judges with “mind-blowing holiday displays that are as festive as they are delicious.”
- The winning team will score a $25,000 prize!
- The show premieres at 9 p.m. Dec. 1
Taylor Swift To Receive Artist of the Decade Award at American Music Awards
- Taylor Swift is nominated for 5 American Music Awards this year, but she’s already guaranteed to go home a winner-- the singer has chosen as the recipient of the AMA’s Artist of the Decade Award
- If that wasn’t exciting enough for Swifties, Taylor is also scheduled to perform on the show
- Taylor has already won 23 American Music Awards throughout her career, and should she win 2 more this year she’ll break Michael Jackson’s record for the most AMA wins ever
- The 2019 AMAs will air November 24th on ABC, live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles
Will Arnett Hosting LEGO Competition Series
- Will was the voice in "Batman" the animated Lego feature film franchise and has now been tapped to host a Fox reality competition series called, "Lego Masters"
- The series is set to launch on February 5, 2020, and Arnett will be alongside other expert judges as contestants vie to be crowned the ultimate brick builder
- Lego builders will face off for a cash prize, a Lego trophy, and the grand title of Lego Masters. The format first launched in the U.K. on Channel 4 in 2017
The Rock Unveils New Tequila
- The Rock is venturing into the booze business with his new tequila; Teremana Tequila, 'The Tequila of The People'
- “Ladies and gents, I proudly bring you, TEREMANA TEQUILA 🥃,” he wrote on Instagram. “TERA is meant to represent ‘Terre’ which means of the earth and MANA is our powerful Polynesian spirit that guides us.”
- A rep for the Tequila confirmed it’ll hit shelves early next year
Petition To Get Haunted House Shut Down
- A haunted house in TN that requires a doctor’s note, a 40 page waiver, and rewards you with $20,000 upon completion (note no one has ever completed it) is the newest subject of a petition to shut it down
- The petition, titled "Shut down McKamey Manor," claims the haunted house is actually a "torture chamber under disguise" that "uses loopholes to get out of being arrested."
- The petition alleges that the attraction often includes waterboarding and visitors being forced to eat things, adding that attendees have even reportedly been injected with drugs in order to cause hallucinations.
- "They do screenings to find the weakest, most easily manipulated people to do the 'haunt'... McKamey Manor is a shame to all haunted houses, and needs to be shut down," the petition reads.