Felicity Huffman Pleads Guilty
- Felicity Huffman formally plead guilty in court to charges in the “Varsity Blues” college admissions scandal.
- Huffman admits to paying 15-thousand dollars for her daughter to get more time on the SAT and to have her wrong answers corrected.
- The actual charges are conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud.
- Prosecutors are asking that she pay a fine of $20-thousand and four months in prison - but the judge will decide on September 13th.
- "I am in full acceptance of my guilt, and with deep regret and shame over what I have done, I accept full responsibility for my actions and will accept the consequences that stem from those actions," Huffman’s statement read. "I am ashamed of the pain I have caused my daughter, my family, my friends, my colleagues and the educational community. I want to apologize to them and, especially, I want to apologize to the students who work hard every day to get into college, and to their parents who make tremendous sacrifices to support their children and do so honestly.”
Oreos Releasing 4 New Flavors
- The cookie company is kicking off the start of summer by bringing back an old favorite - S’mores Oreos - with their graham-flavored cookies and marshmallow and chocolate creme.
- And they’ve also announced this lineup of new flavors we can look forward to:
- Oreo Thins Latte - This one’s for the coffee addicts out there and it hits stores in June.
- Marshmallow Moon Oreos - To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo moon landing, we’re getting an Oreo with purple marshmallow creme inside cookies with a trio of lunar-inspired designs. Look for these in mid-June in a package that glows in the dark and comes with stickers!
- Baskin-Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip Oreos - Combining one of your favorite Baskin Robbins ice cream flavors with Oreos is a dream come true, but we’ll have to wait until mid-July to taste these.
- Maple Creme Oreos - Summer hasn’t even started yet, but when it’s ending and the days start to cool down, we’ll be ready for this fall-ish flavor. In late August we’ll be able to find these Oreos, with maple creme sandwiched between two golden cookies. It’s a long time to wait, but we hope it’ll be worth it.
Natural Light Looking For A Summer Intern To Drink Beer For $40/HR
- Yes it’s true, Natty Light is offering a paid internship to drink beer all summer the tune of $40/hr
- Some of the qualifications and skills needed are pretty funny:
- Be outgoing, but not annoying, there is a fine line
- Be able to spell protractor
- Basic math, computer, & meme making skills
- Just be cool
- In addition to traditional duties like attending events etc, they need someone who will, “fire viral content across all social media platforms, design some sick swag that gives consumers all the feels, product research (yes it’s what you think it is)
- Applications are being accepted through May 26 and you can apply here!
- ‘Tis the season for cancellations & renewals and here’s some of the heavy hitters:
- Some cancellations include the rebooted Murphy Brown, Life In Pieces, Splitting Up Together & The Passage
- Empire was renewed however it’ll be its last season
- USA is rebooting The Biggest Loser
- Grey’s Anatomy, This Is Us & American Idol have all been renewed
- The Masked Singer was already renewed for a 2nd season for the fall, but it’s already been renewed for a 3rd season & will air right after the Superbowl
Doris Day Passes Away
- Legendary actress and singer Doris Day has passed away at 97
- She is survived by her grandson, Ryan
- She passed away after a bad case of pneumonia; the news was confirmed on her website