Toy Sharing Subscriptions On The Rise
- In 2018 searches for toy sharing subscriptions shot up 313%
- A toy sharing subscription is actually a fairly smart idea—it’s cheaper than buying all these toys and it gives your child a chance to try out a toy and if they get hooked on it, you can always go out & purchase it
- 2 toy sharing subscription services seem to be the front runners:
- Green Piñata Toys - This one is geared for kids between six months and five years and for $25 a month, it allows you to choose up to four toys in a box. Your tot plays with the toys, you can buy any you can’t part with and then return the rest while you wait for the next box. And all their toys are made from sustainably sourced materials and are free of chemicals.
- Toy Library - Here you pick two toys per monthly shipment and basic plans start at $20. They have more than 500 toys to choose from, for infants to 10 year olds. Toy Library says their toys are cleaned with “ultrasonic baths” and wooden toys are cleaned with “non-toxic, environmentally friendly, anti-bacterial wipes.”
Bird Box Challenge: Don’t Do It!
- Netflix is advising against the Bird Box Challenge—a viral trend in which people blindfold themselves and try to walk around and do things
- It was inspired by their new film Bird Box starring Sandra Bullock who plays a mother of 2 young kids who must navigate a post apocalyptic world while blindfolded to avoid an invisible threat that causes suicide and destruction
- The film racked up more than 45 million views in its first week alone
- “Can’t believe I have to say this, but: PLEASE DO NOT HURT YOURSELVES WITH THIS BIRD BOX CHALLENGE. We don’t know how this started, and we appreciate the love, but Boy and Girl have just one wish for 2019 and it is that you not end up in the hospital due to memes.”
Chipotle Launches Lifestyle Bowls
- Chipotle has introduced new lifestyle bowls based on Keto, Paleo & Whole30 style diets
- There are 4 bowls, one styled after each particular diet & then a double protein bowl—all of which are currently only available through online ordering or ordering through the app
- In reality, which plenty of Twitter users have pointed out, these bowls contain no new ingredients so you could just take a look online, memorize what’s in each bowl and go order them live and in person!
Dunkin' Donuts Yogurt Is Coming
- They’ve teamed up with Yoplait to introduced 4 limited edition yogurt flavors including Dunkin’ Boston Kreme Doughnut, Apple Fritter, French Vanilla Latte, and Cinnamon Coffee Roll
- Yoplait notes that the French Vanilla Latte and Cinnamon Coffee Roll flavors are Yoplait whips, so more of a mousse consistency
- You should see these on your grocery store shelves this month