Julie Chen Leaving The Talk
- After her husband Les Moonves resigned as the CEO of CBS, Julie has chosen to voluntarily leave the Talk
- She'll reportedly shed more light on the situation in a videotaped message to “The Talk” viewers that will air on today’s episode
- The current season of Big Brother wraps next week & it’s unclear whether she will step down from hosting duties there or not
- The consensus is Colin Jost & Michael Che fell flat last night while hosting the Emmys; their opening monologue was painfully long and while they had a few good jokes, overall it was a flop
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was the big winner at Monday night's 70th Annual Primetime Emmys. The Amazon show took home five awards, including best comedy series
- HBO’s Game of Thrones took best drama series.
- FX's The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story walked away with three honors.
- HBO’s Last Week Tonight With John Oliver was named best variety talk series, while NBC’s Saturday Night Live was the outstanding variety sketch series.
- In the acting categories, the big winners were The Crown's Claire Foy (Lead Actress in a Drama Series), The Americans' Matthew Rhys (Lead Actor in a Drama Series), Barry's Bill Hader (Lead Actor in a Comedy Series) and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Rachel Brosnahan (Lead Actress in a Comedy Series).
- Acting legend Henry Winkler won his first Emmy, for outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series for Barry. The Happy Days star had been nominated three times before.
- While accepting the award for Outstanding Directing for a Variety Special for last year's Oscars, Glenn Weiss asked Jan Svendsen to marry him. She said yes.
Justin Bieber & Hailey Baldwin Are Married
- There was some confusion centered around whether or not Justin Bieber & Hailey Baldwin actually tied the knot when they went to receive a marriage license at the court house in NY last week
- According to Hailey’s uncle, Alec Baldwin, they two did in fact tie the knot
- He revealed the news on the Emmys red carpet last night however it does seem like there will be a proper wedding at some point
This Is How Roseanne Dies
- During an appearance on Brando Straka’s YouTube show, she revealed that she’d die of an opioid overdose.
- Roseanne slammed ABC for killing her off that way because it insulted the fans “who loved that family in that show.”