Emmy Rossum Leaving Shameless
- The south side won’t be the same without Fiona Gallagher
- Emmy Rossum, who will play Fiona Gallagher for the last time in the upcoming 9th season of Shamless this fall, announced yesterday she will be leaving the show
- Rossum released a lengthly statement that in part said "The opportunity to play Fiona has been a gift... I know you will continue on without me, for now. Try not to think of me as gone, just think of me as moving down the block."
- She didn’t directly address her reason for leaving but did hint that her TV family has given her the stability and support "to stretch and grow creatively."
Apple To Announce New Iphones & Gadgets Sept. 12
- Apple is expected to unveil a number of new iPhone models and a release date for its next iOS operating system
- could expand the iPhone X design and naming across its entire phone lineup, with more sizes, colors and price points
- The Apple Watch and Air Pods could also get a refresh.
Aretha Franklin’s Funeral Is Today
- The Queen of Soul’s funeral will be a five-and-a-half hour production with musical tributes, orchestral interludes, guest speakers and religious figures.
- The Celebration of Life at Detroit's Greater Grace Temple will begin at 9:30 am with a musical prelude, followed by a lighting of candles.
- For those planning to tune in or catch the live stream, take note of the planned times for these
- Faith Hill's musical tribute is set for 10:45 am.
- Ariana Grande will perform at 11:03.
- Chaka Khan will sing at 12:36.
- Ron Isley (of The Isley Brothers) at 12:41 pm.
- Fantasia's segment begins at 1:10.
- Jennifer Hudson will sing at 2:10.
- Stevie Wonder goes on at 2:35.
- Jennifer Holliday will sing during the recessional at 2:45.
Guest speakers include:
- Former Attorney General Eric Holder at 12:00 noon.
- U.S. Senator from Michigan Gary Peters at 12:05 pm.
- Former President Bill Clinton at 12:10.
- Judge Greg Mathis at 12:19.
- Reverend Al Sharpton at 12:31.
- Reverend Jesse Jackson at 12:51.
- Tyler Perry at 1:15.
- Cicely Tyson at 1:17.
- Clive Davis at 1:20.
- Smokey Robinson at 1:25 pm.
- Basketball great Isaiah Thomas at 1:34.
- Sociologist and news commentator Michael Eric Dyson at 1:48 pm.
Portions of the service will air on CNN and FOX news. The Word Network will stream the event online.
Steve Urkle Is Back
- Jaleel White, the actor who famously played the iconic Steve Urkle on the 90s sitcom "Family Matters," is slated to star in an upcoming episode on the 5th season of the ABC comedy “Fresh Off The Boat”
- The comedy moves to Friday nights this fall