All The Juicy Details From The Royal Wedding Reception
- Only 200-guests were invited to the Frogmore reception which began promptly at 7pm. The Clooneys, Elton John and Serena Williams, are said to have been chauffeured to the reception in Land Rovers however Pippa Middelton and Meghan’s “Suits” castmates weren’t invited, neither were Harry’s old Army friends and his ex Chelsy Davy didn’t snag an invite either.
- James Corden at one point led a “dance-off” with Harry, Wills, and even Prince Charles, while Clooney danced with both Meghan and Kate. Clooney also began pouring the drinks at the tequila bar.
- Conflicting reports claim Harry and Meghan danced their first dance to Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance With Somebody,” but “Daily Mail” reports they actually first danced to the soul classic “Land of A Thousand Dances” by Wilson Pickett.
- Most of the older guests left by 10:30pm and that’s about the time the real party started, complete with beer pong led and won by Serena Williams who "played like it was tennis."
- Harry’s friend Tom “Skippy” Inskip also gave a speech, but he was actually under censorship from the palace to not reveal too much about a 2012 boy’s trip to Vegas where Harry made tabloids for his partying ways.
- The no phones allowed party played up a sort of carnival theme with “dirty burgers” and cotton candy.
- Idris Elba ended up DJing for a bit while James Corden acted as MC and Prince Harry, “furiously” danced all night long.
- The party went on into the wee hours of the night with guests being charted off close to 3:30am. Last to leave the dance floor? None other than George Clooney.
- Before night’s end, Meghan didn’t want her guests leaving empty handed, so she gifted her closest friends $604 friendship bracelets as thanks for supporting her.
The palace also released the official wedding photos, check them out below!
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex would like to thank everyone who took part in the celebrations of their wedding on Saturday. They feel so lucky to have been able to share their day with all those gathered in Windsor and also all those who watched the wedding on television across the UK, Commonwealth, and around the world #RoyalWedding
Blake Shelton To Co-Host "Today"
Blake Shelton’s Ole Red Bar in Nashville is set to open on June 6th, the same day as the CMT Awards, and NBC’s "Today" will be broadcasting live from the venue as a lead-up to the awards show. Hoda Kotb will be hosting the pre-party, with Blake filling in for her co-host Kathie Lee Gifford. During the telecast, the five finalists for Video of the Year will be announced and it’s possible Blake may nab one.
The Obama's Inked A Netflix Deal
It was announced yesterday that Barack & Michelle Obama have landed a Netflix deal to develop series and films for the streaming network, including potential work on scripted and unscripted series, docu-series, documentary films and more under the multi-year deal. The Obama's both believe in the "power of storytelling" and Barack says their past experiences encouraged he and Michelle to find a future with Netflix. No word on what or when anything will be released.
President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have entered into a multi-year agreement to produce films and series for Netflix, potentially including scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries, and features.— Netflix US (@netflix) May 21, 2018