And The Oscar Goes To....
Film's biggest night happened yesterday at The Dolby Theater in LA with comedian Jimmy Kimmel steering the ship. He started with a very clever bit announcing whoever had the shortest acceptance speech would win a jet ski, with the help of Helen Mirren of course.
And in true Kimmel fashion, he took a group of stars including Armie Hammer, Emily Blunt, Gal Gadot and more across the street to a theater full of unsuspecting movie goers to thank them for going to the movies.
Comedian Tiffany Haddish & actress Maya Rudolph teamed up for a hilarious bit where they addressed #OscarsSoWhite with #OscarsSoBlack.
Francis McDormand stole the show however with her acceptance speech for Best Actress in a Leading Role for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri by calling on all her fellow female nominees in all categories to stand so she could plead her case for more female stories in Hollywood.
And thankfully, Faye Dunaway & Warren Beatty were given a second chance and didn't mess it up!
Here are the big winners of the night but click here for a full list!
- “Call Me by Your Name”
- “Darkest Hour”
- “Get Out”
- “Lady Bird”
- “Phantom Thread”
- “The Post”
- “The Shape of Water” [WINNER]
- “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
- Timothée Chalamet, “Call Me by Your Name”
- Daniel Day-Lewis, “Phantom Thread”
- Daniel Kaluuya, “Get Out”
- Gary Oldman, “Darkest Hour” [WINNER]
- Denzel Washington, “Roman J. Israel, Esq.”
- Sally Hawkins, “The Shape of Water”
- Frances McDormand, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” [WINNER]
- Margot Robbie, “I, Tonya”
- Saoirse Ronan, “Lady Bird”
- Meryl Streep, “The Post”
- Willem Dafoe, “The Florida Project”
- Woody Harrelson, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
- Richard Jenkins, “The Shape of Water”
- Christopher Plummer, “All the Money in the World”
- Sam Rockwell, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” [WINNER]
- Mary J. Blige, “Mudbound”
- Allison Janney, “I, Tonya” [WINNER]
- Lesley Manville, “Phantom Thread”
- Laurie Metcalf, “Lady Bird”
- Octavia Spencer, “The Shape of Water”
- “Dunkirk,” Christopher Nolan
- “Get Out,” Jordan Peele
- “Lady Bird,” Greta Gerwig
- “Phantom Thread,” Paul Thomas Anderson
- “The Shape of Water,” Guillermo del Toro [WINNER]
OJ Simpson Basically Confesses In Never Before Seen Interview
Fox is preparing to air what they're calling OJ Simpson: The Lost Confession? where OJ tells the story of if he hypothetically killed his wife Nicole Brown Simpson & waiter Ron Goldman. He uses the third person for the majority of it but does at one point switch over to the first person which some are taking as a confession. He also mentions he "hypothetically" would have an accomplice if he did commit the murders. It's all very strange. It's set to air on Fox next Sunday, March 11th.
Khloe Kardashian Is Having A Baby Girl
Last night while everyone was watching the Oscars, the gender of Khloe Kardashian's baby was revealed on Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Kylie called Khloe with the good news to which Khloe seems very disappointed.
AJ McLean From The Backstreet Boys Is Going Country
So AJ has joined the Country Music association & apparently he's working on some country music!
So first off I should be asleep but sadly I either got a hopefully 24 hour bug or possibly food poising so that’s why I’m still awake right now and have to be up in 7 hours! Anyways that being said I have to just say thank you to a few people! First off I have to say thank you to my amazing team behind me and my new journey I’m about to embark on stepping into the world of country music! From my amazing manger mr Johnny Wright to my equally amazing social team slash co managers Cassie and jade and all the ladies at crowd surf. Also I have to thank more than anyone my partner in crime and the man pushing me to my limits me Brandon Mashburn thanks bro for seeing my vision and for never giving up on me. Also my boys and now family and most amazingly talented writers Brett Tyler and Clint Lagerberg for taking a chance on me and making a dream come true. Last and most certainly not least I have to thank the country music association for taking me under your wings and welcoming me to the country world! All I can say is this, I’m a fan of all music and I know my fans are the best most loyal in the world and no matter what kind of music I do they will support my vision. You guys are all in for a treat and I couldn’t be more proud of the music I’m doing and that a little dream is now becoming reality! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I wanna make great music and make people happy and be the first solo country artist to shake things up!