Photo Credit: Getty Images)
According to a survey 63% of people have fallen for an online scam before and that doesn't account for the people who have done so unknowingly.
Just over half of us have had our social media hacked and just under half of us have been a victim of a data breach.
Here are the top 5 red flags that most people are not aware of:
1. Requesting money through a wire transfer or money order.
2. Promising a large amount of money if you send a smaller amount first.
3. A call or email that claims your social security number was compromised.
4. Someone who claims they're from the government.
5. A company with a close to the same name as a well-known company.