JoinBaltimore, Sheppard Pratt, and NAMI Metro Baltimore for an hour-long virtual discussion about navigating emotional wellness in these times of uncertainty. As two of the leading organizations dedicated to mental health awareness, Sheppard Pratt and NAMI Metro Baltimore leaders will share how to take care of yourself and others along with the best means of coping with anxiety, depression, and isolation.
Dr. Todd Peters of Sheppard Pratt will discuss:
- Symptoms of anxiety and depression,
- What’s normal vs. what’s not,
- Why you might be feeling more anxious and depressed right now, and how social distancing and the pandemic might be exacerbating some of your feelings,
- When and how/where to seek help.
Dr. Brad Piergrossi will share:
- What is mindfulness and how can it help us right now,
- Calm and kindness are contagious too,
- Simple mindfulness practices anyone can do for reducing distress during this pandemic.
Discover the importance of nurturing your mental health during this conversation and Q&A. Also joining us is Lucinda Levine of Inkquiry Visuals. A graphic recorder, Levine will use the power of image and illustrate our conversation into a visually compelling piece that you can refer to in the future.