My husband's been on a lemonade kick recently, so I've really perfected my homemade recipe and wanted to share it with you! It's SO EASY and refreshing! Here's what you'll need to get started:
- simple syrup (boil one cup water with one cup sugar until sugar dissolves; then cool)
- four large lemons
- a pitcher or carafe. I'm OBSESSED with this blue carafe! I found it for just a couple bucks at the Dollar Spot in my local Target! The lid has a great snap-seal and it never leaks.
Quarter your lemons to make them easy to squeeze. If you have a juicer, feel free to use that! But I don't find it necessary.
*Pro-tip! Roll the lemons on the counter a few times to soften them, so they're easy to squeeze!
Another tip: if you're really having a hard time squeezing them, or you have dry skin/paper cuts, try using a sturdy pair of tongs!
Squeeze the juice over a colander and into a bowl.
Four large lemons should give you about 1/2 a cup of lemon juice.
Using a funnel, pour your lemon juice into the carafe.
Then pour in about 1/3 cup of simple syrup.
Finally, fill your carafe with water. Leave a little room at the top in case you end up wanting to add more simple syrup.
Shake and taste! This will keep in the fridge for a few days... But it might not last that long, because it's SO GOOD you'll want to drink it all in one sitting!
Want to get fancy? Add in any of the following for some extra flavor:
- smashed mint and basil
- smashed strawberries
- lime juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice
- smashed peaches
- iced tea for an Arnold Palmer
- lemon vodka for a grownup treat!